Marc Mandich joined the firm in 2019 and opened the firm’s New Orleans office. Prior to joining SIMLA, he practiced primarily in the areas of maritime, oilfield and insurance defense litigation, as well as commercial tort litigation, products liability, premises liability and contract disputes. During his years of practice, Marc has gained a wealth of experience and knowledge in areas such as Jones Act and general maritime torts, indemnity disputes and First Amendment/Defamation litigation. He is also skilled and experienced in appellate practice. Since joining the firm, Marc has taken on cases across the country in the areas of medical malpractice and products liability, including complex multi-district litigation (MDL).
Marc received his Juris Doctor from the Loyola University New Orleans College of Law in 2013, graduating Magna Cum Laude. While in law school, he was published in Loyola’s Journal of Public Interest law (earning “Best Comment of the Year” award), served as brief writer for Loyola’s John R. Brown Admiralty Moot Court team and National Moot Court team (“Best Brief” in regional round) and received the following awards:
- Order of the Barristers;
- William L. Crowe Sr. Scholar;
- Warren E. Mouledoux Professional Responsibility Award; and
- Six Law Excellence Awards.
Prior to law school, Marc attended Louisiana State University’s E.J. Ourso College of Business where he graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in Finance in 2010. Marc is a native son of New Orleans and graduate of Jesuit High School New Orleans (Summa Cum Laude, 2006).
- New Orleans, Louisiana
Areas of Practice
Defective Medical Devices
Healthcare Business Development
Other Legal Areas
Admitted to Practice In
- Loyola University New Orleans College of Law (Juris Doctor, Magna Cum Laude, 2013)
- Louisiana State University E.J. Ourso College of Business (BS in Finance, 2010)
- Jesuit High School New Orleans (Summa Cum Laude, 2006)
- Louisiana Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States District Courts for the Eastern, Middle and Western Districts of Louisiana
Professional Associations and Memberships
Louisiana State Bar Association
American Bar Association